This easy ice cream gets its flavor and brilliant purple color from ube sweetened condensed milk.
2/3 cup ube sweetened condensed milk (like Sweet Cow)*
1 1/4 cups heavy cream, well-chilled
3 tablespoons vodka, to taste
- In the bowl of a standing mixture, whisk the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Gently add ube sweetened condensed milk and whisk until the mixture thickens (just past soft peaks).
- Slowly whisk in the vodka (the more vodka you add, the softer the ice cream will be).
- Spoon the ice cream into an airtight container and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
*If you cannot find ube sweetened condensed milk, you may substitute regular sweetened condensed milk and add ube extract – you may need to experiment depending on the strength of the extract.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Inactive Time: 6 hours, 10 minutes
- Category: dessert, ice cream
- Cuisine: Hawaiian-American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 221.29
- Sugar: 14.96 g.
- Sodium: 42.48 mg.
- Fat: 15.65 g.
- Saturated Fat: 9.95 g.
- Carbohydrates: 14.93 g.
- Fiber: 0 g.
- Protein: 3.08 g.
- Cholesterol: 50.69 g.
Keywords: ice cream, ube, sweetened condensed milk