I’m Julie. Welcome to my blog.
I’m the cook, pseudo-food stylist, and photographer behind She’s Almost Always Hungry. I’m a Hawaii girl who braved the winters of New England for nearly half my life before permanently returning to the islands I love.
I worked for many years as a tech geek, but my thoughts and heart belonged to food. I started this food journal as a creative outlet and a way to share my food experiences, travel adventures, and recipes. I write about the things I love to eat and the places I love to visit.
Some other things about me:
- I love to research and explore new cities – the markets, the restaurants, the food shops.
- I am a Disney fan.
- Customs agents are perplexed and bemused by the things I bring back to the States like tomato puree, mustard, Hob Nobs, and Cadbury chocolates from the UK (the U.S. stuff is crap).
- One of my favorite things to do is sit around a table with friends and family, laughing and eating good food.
- One of my favorite things in the world to eat was the doughnut from Craigie on Main (R.I.P.).
- I am not a recipe developer by trade and I will always strive to share with you the provenance of any recipe I share – whether it’s from a stained recipe card from my popo or from another blog.
I hope you enjoy these stories and recipes. I’d love to hear from you!